Greetings parents and students,
OK, so now we we are are starting month two, and I have more than a few announcements…a lot going on this week!
1. Please see my classroom procedures (see the CLASS RULES AND PROCEDURES tab right under the HOME menu on this site). I have made a few revisions which include a late and make-up work policy. It also includes my class textbook policy. Please note that the textbook are the student's responsibility! If even one textbook goes missing in class, that means a student is out almost $100. These books are not cheap!
2. I will be sending invitations to parents and students about Class Dojo this week. This will allow both to view weekly participation points in class (10 possible per week). For more info on what exactly Class Dojo is, check it out @ www.classdojo.com
3. Natomas Unified has switched from Powerschool last year for grades/attendance to Infinite Campus (www.infinitecampus.com). Teachers and staff have been recently trained in how to use it and grades should be available for parents and students approximately September 16th.
4. I will be printing out a report of each of my students' grades so far this week.
5. I am looking forward to utilizing technology in both my Chem Comm and Chem CP classes this week by having us go to either the library or computer lab to do our first Computer Lab simulation. We will also have a class set of iPads available and I am looking into the possibility of getting iMovie for iPad installed on them so we may do future video projects related to class material (after I train students on how to use iMovie).
6. Any and all students new to my classes must have a completed and passed the lab safety quiz/contract before they participate in any future hands-on/group labs. I am shooting for one per week. Sometimes a lab takes one day, and sometimes two.
7. All daily class assignments (along with related videos and written materials) are posted on my class website @ www.dangerfieldclass.com. This will be also linked to the Inderkum High teacher staff page after I attend training on it this week.